Lockett Estates deliver a professional service and are ARLA (Association of Residential Letting Agents) members. The lettings staff are ARLA trained, providing landlords with the knowledge that they are working with a reputable, accredited and professional Agent.
We promise to:
• Provide our landlords with detailed tenant references
• Have comprehensive Tenancy Agreements
• Have Deposit Protection Schemes
• Accompany prospective tenants on all viewings
As a landlord, you need to make sure that your property is in a presentable condition and maintain the condition throughout viewings. First impressions are everything, it gives you the finest chance of letting out your property and for the best price.
Things you need to think of before you let your property:
• Does the outside look nice? This is what the potential tenants will see first, so make sure you repair the crack in the wall, give the window frames or the door that fresh bit of paint you've been meaning to give them. Can you see the house number from the street? If not, it's time to buy bigger numbers.
• De-clutter - this is the most important thing. If you have too much furniture, it would be worth organising a storage unit to place all the extra bits during the tenancy. Make the place look as big as you can.
• Again, fix any cracks, holes in the interior walls that need repairing, leaky taps etc.
• Unpleasant odours will need to be addressed. Pet smells and cigarette smoke can be very off-putting to tenants (good tip - if you do smoke, place bowls of white vinegar around the property for a few days. Whilst the vinegar will smell, when you open the windows and ventilate the property, the vinegar smell will go quickly taking the cigarette smell with it).
• Decorate the rooms if needed - a fresh coat of paint works wonders to brighten up a tired looking room.
• Is the property free of any serious problems like subsidence? If it isn't you will not be able to let out the property until this has been corrected.
• You need to have a think about how you would like the property to be described in the adverts. For example, will it be three bedrooms with a study or will it be four bedrooms?
• Will you be living there as well as the tenants or will you have somewhere else to go, nearby or abroad.
• What will be included in the rental price? Will council tax and utility bills be included or separate?
Follow these steps and you'll have the perfect property to rent and here at Lockett Estates, we will be able to do the rest for you. Please feel free to contact the branch if you have any further questions.