Ten things you may not have known about Rightmove (and probably wish you now didn’t)
1. We were very nearly called Doorknob (cue jokes)
2. Our “system operations” team are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If there’s a problem with the site at 3am, they’re the guys who have to fix it!
3. No one has their own office and we don’t have a receptionist, let alone secretaries!
4. We have our own running club, known to those in the know as the “Rightmentines”
5. When cruise is red, the build manager comes after you. When cruise is blue, everyone is happy
6. We still own and use several fax machines
7. The most page impressions we’ve ever served in one day was 32 million!
8. …which bizarrely, is also the average age of a Rightmove employee (32 years old, not 32 million!)
9. Several employees, including one of the Directors, regularly cycle between our London and Milton Keynes offices (approx. 60 miles)
10. We’re a loved up bunch. So much so, that in our short lifetime around 5 ‘Rightmove’ weddings (couples who first met at Rightmove) have taken place. All together now, ahhhh..