Inspiration Wednesday – Isle of Man
This week’s #InspirationWednesday is the Isle of Man. Sitting in the Irish Sea, between Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the island is a beautiful and interesting destination.
With the capital of Douglas offering the best in nightlife and theatre, those after a more scenic experience should head down to the harbour towns of Port Erin, Peel, Castletown or Laxey for spectacular views, great coastlines for walking and the best, freshly caught fish and chips!
There’s loads of sites to tick off your list on the island, including a visit to the Langness Peninsula lighthouse, Peel Castle, the view of Douglas Harbour from the Victorian ‘Camera Obscura’ or a trip on the Snaefell Mountain Railway.
The Isle of Man is a peaceful and community-strong area in which to live, with plenty of local events, country air and friendly residents to keep you busy!
Facts about Isle of Man
- A must see is the Great Laxey Wheel, which is the world’s largest working water wheel.
- A visit to the House of Manannan will tell you all about the island’s colourful Celtic, Viking and maritime past!
- Every year, in the Isle of Man, there is a ‘World Tin Bath Championship’ where people ‘sail’ across Castletown Harbour in their tin bath!
- The Isle of Man is a breeding ground for wallabies after a pair escaped from Curraghs Wildlife Park!
- From the Isle of Man’s highest mountain, Snaefell, you can see England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland on a clear day!
Properties in Isle of Man:
Fancy an investment? Why not take on this pub near Balladoole! With two bars and 100 covers, and sitting just up the coast from Castletown along the A5 main road, this is a great, exciting opportunity to really get involved in Isle of Man life!
Next up is this gorgeous three bedroom detached home a street back from the coast. With great views, quaint features and the possibility of room to expand, this could be a fab second home or business venture.
Last up is this dreamy six bedroom detached home at the north of the island. With tennis courts, mountains views from your bed and a guest wing to host your friends and family, step into the lap of luxury!