Are you looking to buy a property in Portugal?
Do you want help in finding the right property for you?
With these 7 steps you will have a successful purchase in Portugal:
1. Location, location, location; it is all about location. Get to know the areas, make sure you are well informed and that you experience the different areas to make sure you buy in the right location.
2. Choose an agency with an office located in the Algarve and an official AMI-license. This should be an agency with whom you can communicate very well, and is responsive and pro-active. Ask the agent to help in making the property selection and to organise all the viewings for you. Online you will only have access to more or less 50% of the properties for sale; the other 50% is not advertised on the large international portals but for sale with small local agencies and therefore you will get a much better selection when seeking the advice of a local agent.
3. Schedule your visits in advance; once you have booked your flight tickets, inform the agency of your choice and of when you will arrive and have the agent organise all your visits.
4. Remember when viewing; it is all about location! If you like a certain property, book a 2nd viewing and get to know the area before making a decision.
5. When finding the right house, choose the right lawyer. A good, trustable, communicative lawyer is very important to conclude the purchase. The lawyer is your legal advisor on the purchase, who needs to check all property documents and if there are mortgages or charges on the property and therefore it is very important to choose the right one.
6. In Portugal it is common to first sign a promissory contract; it is important that this contract contains all the necessary conditions for you as when signing this contract the purchase is legally binding under the conditions of the contract. In the contract the date for the title deed at the notary is mentioned; this is the moment where you will receive the keys and become the owner of the property.
7. Before going to the notary it is advisable to check the house on the day of the title deed and write down the meter readings to have all utility contracts being transmitted from the vendor to yourself. This avoids being disconnected which can take 2-3 weeks to get connected again to water or electricity.
Do you want help in finding the right property for you? Do you want the process to be guided by a professional agency? Contact us via the phone number(s) or email link on the top of this page and we will help you find your dream home purchase successfully!
Divine Home – offices in Albufeira, São Brás de Alportel and Moncarapacho
Disclaimer: The information about this Agent is provided by the Agent themselves as an advertisement for their agency services. Rightmove is not endorsing this Agent and makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove does not check or verify the accuracy of the content. The information is generated, provided and maintained by Divine Home, Albufeira. Please contact the Agent directly to obtain further information about their property services.