Why do you need Holiday Home Insurance?

Holiday Home Insurance from Towergate Connect

If you own a second home, whether overseas or in the UK, it's important to make sure you have the right specialist protection for your investment. Every year, hundreds of people encounter difficulties that could easily be avoided.

If there is a burst-pipe, break in or theft of expensive contents, you'll want to know you're properly insured and covered for all eventualities. Being in a different country often means you have to negotiate with local services and police, and find a good workman to carry out the repairs that you can trust.

If you intend to let your property to tenants during the times you're not there, then you'll need to make sure you're covered for commercial usage, not just family-use. This will cover you against any claims a guest makes against you if they injure themselves while staying in your property.

Many 'local' firms offer very small levels of public liability cover, whereas an indemnity of £3m+ is usually recommended, so you're protected against claims up to this value.

Rightmove Overseas and Intasure

Rightmove Overseas have partnered with Intasure to bring you home insurance policies designed around the needs of property owners abroad and in the UK - combining locally tailored cover with the reassurance of English language policy documents and a UK based English speaking support team.

Intasure provide cover for homes in the UK; and in over 50 countries overseas.

"When I was going to purchase holiday home insurance I heard lots of horror stories about Spanish companies. A friend recommended Intasure and I am very pleased with your service." Mr M, Ayrshire

"Our claim was dealt with in a very efficient manner, we are very pleased with Intasure and will certainly recommend them to others." Mr F, Merseyside

Are there any differences with using a UK based company to an overseas firm or bank?

Language is one thing to consider. A UK company means you'll be able to talk to English speakers. Payment can be made in Sterling by direct debit, all your documents are in English, and for certain countries an additional schedule is produced in the local language. It comes down to being able to discuss any aspect of the cover in your own language.

Just as importantly, you can check and make sure the policy provides adequate public liability cover.

This will provide cover should someone suffer an injury at your property. It's unlikely, but someone could try and sue you if they have an accident.

Policies bought locally might appear cheaper, but foreign insurers do not necessarily provide the same level of cover as those in the UK - in Spain, cover is typically up to £200K, whereas Intasure provides £/€5million.

Accidental damage by tenants, loss of hiring charges and emergency travel costs in case your property is damaged and you need to get there may arise. Intasure include public liability insurance, loss of rent following a claim, emergency travel and accommodation as standard which covers you against all of that.

Click here and we'll get a representative from Intasure to call you right back!

Some of the benefits with Intasure

  • Up to 40% risk-related discount
  • Holiday home covered whether occupied or unoccupied
  • Holiday home covered if let short term to holiday makers or long term
  • Cost of emergency travel following a major claim
  • Policy covers swimming pools as well as buildings
  • quote
  • Loss of rent included following a claim
  • Cover during exchange of contracts and completion
  • Covers temporary accommodation following a claim
  • Wider cover than a standard buildings and contents policies
  • Underwritten by Lloyds of London and other international insurers

Don't risk turning your dream overseas holiday home into a nightmare - Get a quote from Intasure now!


In association with


Make an Insurance Enquiry

Insurance News