Middlegate, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11
- Lease type:
- Long term
- Traditional Grade II Listed Mid-Terrace Retail Premises in Penrith Town Centre
- Attractive Shop Frontage
- Nearby occupiers include Peacocks and B&M Bargains
- Total Overall Net Internal Area of 197.52 sq m (2,126 sq ft)
- Rental - £12,000 per annum exclusive
The subject property occupies a prominent position on Middlegate in the main shopping core of Penrith town centre, Cumbria in the North West of England.
Penrith is an attractive and affluent market town situated on the north east fringe of the Lake District National Park. It is well located being on Junction 40 of the M6 providing direct access north and south and to the A66 which leads west to the Lake District National Park and east to Scotch Corner and the A1(M).
Penrith has a resident population of approximately 15,000 (2011 Census) and is located within Eden District with a District population of over 51,000. Carlisle is approximately 20 miles to the north, Kendal 32 miles to the south and Keswick 18 miles to the west. Penrith has a train station on the main West Coast Line with direct services north to Carlisle and Glasgow and South to London Euston with a journey time of around 3 hours.
Middlegate forms part of the A6, one of the main routes into Penrith town centre leading from Scotland Road, less than 1 mile to the north and travels south linking with the heart of the town centre providing a range of local, regional and national retail occupiers as well as leisure facilities and national supermarket brands. The A6 continues south linking with King Street which connects with the A66 trunk road providing a link west to Junction 36 of the M6 motorway network approximately 2 miles away and east to Scotch Corner. Penrith Railway Station is around 800 metres to the south west of the property.
The subject property comprises a Grade ll Listed mid-terrace five-storey retail unit, with upper-floor office and storage accommodation of brick/block construction which is rendered and painted externally underneath a multi-pitched slate roof, timber framed single glazed sliding sash windows and a timber framed shop facade with central pedestrian access point.
Internally, the property is accessed via three steps in to an open-plan shop with doors off to a consultation room and staircase to a basement, first and second floors and attic. To the rear there is split level retail accommodation which leads to a rear office/staff room and kitchenette.
It is understood that the premises provide the following approximate net internal areas:
Ground Floor 65.83m2 (709 sq ft)
First Floor 28.64m² (308 sq ft)
Second Floor 32.96m2 (355 sq ft)
Attic Level 39.91m2 (430 sq ft)
Basement 30.18m2 (325 sq ft)
Total Approximate Net Internal Area 197.52m² (2,126 sq ft)
It is understood that the property is connected to mains electricity, water, and the mains drainage/sewerage system.
It should be noted that the services have not been tested and therefore should not be relied upon.
The property is available by way of a new Full Repairing & Insuring lease for a number of years to be agreed and at a commencing rental of £12,000 per annum exclusive.
All figures quoted are exclusive of VAT where applicable.
It is understood from the VOA website that 8 Middlegate has a Rateable Value of £10,500.
Prospective purchasers should check the exact rates payable with Eden District Council.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
The property is Grade II Listed which is generally understood to be exempt from Energy Performance Certificate Ratings.
Each party to bear their own legal costs in the preparation and settlement of the lease documentation together with any VAT thereon.
The property is available to view by prior appointment with the Windermere office of Edwin Thompson LLP. Contact:
Edwin Thompson for themselves and for the Vendor of this property, whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of, any offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, plans, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their correctness.
3. No person in the employment of Edwin Thompson has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Agents, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or expense incurred in viewing the property or in any other way in the event of the property being sold or withdrawn.
5. These particulars were prepared in October 2021.
Middlegate, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Penrith Station0.3 miles
- Langwathby Station4.1 miles
Disclaimer - Property reference Pen1. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by EDWIN THOMPSON, Windermere Office. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.