Grenville, Hornby, LA2 8LG
- PROPERTY TYPE
- TENUREDescribes how you own a property. There are different types of tenure - freehold, leasehold, and commonhold.Read more about tenure in our glossary page.
- An all round cracking detached family house
- Well-maintained with the potential to upgrade
- Spacious and light filled accommodation
- Two reception rooms and living dining kitchen, perfect for entertaining
- A wonderful south facing conservatory with doors out to the garden
- Four double bedrooms, one with en suite
- Delightful wrap around gardens with level lawns and seating terrace
- Single garage and a useful pantry/garden store to the rear
- Private driveway parking
- Tucked away in a popular Lune Valley village within walking distance of all the facilities
1. Spacious, wonderfully light and bright accommodation - there are big windows and good
sized rooms with a gross internal area of c. 1973 sq ft (183.3 sq m).
2. Come on in .... an enclosed porch leads into the entrance hall with cloakroom and understairs
3. Scope to upgrade - a cherished home for the last 20 years, the accommodation is well-maintained and ready to move into but now offers the opportunity to refresh and add your own stamp.
4. Sociable living dining kitchen perfect for entertaining - the kitchen is fitted with base and wall units, breakfast bar and a sink unit with a window providing a lovely view of the garden. There is also ample space for a dining table and seating. For more formal family gatherings and being open to the living kitchen, there is a dual aspect dining room with double glazed doors out to the terrace.
5. A welcoming sitting room with Adams style fireplace and a gas fire on a slate hearth.
6. A splendid spot to sit and relax, a south facing conservatory with sliding doors out to the garden and terrace.
7. Sweet dreams - there are four double bedrooms; bedroom 1 has a range of fitted furniture,
bedroom 2, known as The Castle Room because of its lovely far reaching views across rooftops to Hornby Castle and bedroom 3 has an en suite shower room. There is also a three piece house
8. Garaging and parking - a good sized integral single garage with electric up and over doors, power and light and a useful pantry/garden store to the rear. There is also driveway parking for two cars.
9. Generous, well-maintained gardens wrap around the house with a beech hedge boundary,
manicured lawns, south facing seating terrace, deep, well stocked borders, trees, pergola with climbing rose and clematis, wooden shed and space for a small vegetable garden.
10. Popular and highly accessible village - situated within the Conservation Area Lune Valley village of Hornby in a private and secluded setting.
Energy Performance CertificatesA document confirming the energy efficiency rating of the property.Read more about epc in our glossary page.
Council TaxA payment made to your local authority in order to pay for local services like schools, libraries, and refuse collection. The amount you pay depends on the value of the property.Read more about council tax in our glossary page.
Grenville, Hornby, LA2 8LG
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Wennington Station2.1 miles
About the agent
Davis and Bowring is a long established firm of Chartered Surveyors based in Kirkby Lonsdale. Specialising in prime period property (from cottage to castle) and brand new rural residential developments (both building opportunities and the finished products), we cover The Lake District, North Yorkshire Dales, North Lancashire and the Lune and Eden Valleys.
With a residential sales and letting department, we also have a rural estate management department and sporting ag
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference DB2293. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Davis & Bowring, Kirkby Lonsdale. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
*This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.