We take pride in the customers service provided to our tenants and like to make our tenants feel at ease when going through the lettings process as we understand it can be stressful. We do not charge any upfront costs for tenants for referencing, admin, inventories, check ins, check outs etc. in line with The Tenant Fee Ban 1st June 2019 however we do require the documentation for referencing if you would like to go ahead with one of our properties:
- Photo ID in date
- Proof of address within the last 3 months (Cannot accept a mobile phone bill OR payslip)
- 3 months most recent bank statements
- 3 months most recent payslips
IF SELF EMPLOYED
- Most recent tax return
- Self Assessment form OR Verified Accountant Details
- 6 Months personal account bank statements
- 6 Months business account bank statements
We use a third party referencing company who conducts all professional referencing on behalf of Kings Lettings. The references we require are:
- Credit Check - you would be required to have no CCJ's, IVA's, bankruptcy or a repeat of bad credit.*
- Employment Check - the combined household annual income would required to be 2.5 times the annual rent.*
- Current Residence Check - if applicable.
*If you do not meet the above requirements, we can offer a guarantor option at the landlords discretion.
The referencing process will start after your holding deposit has been placed and your documentation has been provided. You will be sent a form via email to fill in your referencing information, once submitted your credit check will be automatically completed. The referencing company will then contact your employer on a verified business landlord or a business email address and will also confirm with your landlord or letting agent (if applicable) for a positive reference.