Property guides

International students

As an international student studying in the UK it can be difficult to understand which laws and rules apply to you, so it is essential that you do this research before coming to the UK.

Places for student accommodation are often limited so it is important that you speak to the University as soon as you have been offered a place to secure somewhere to live. If you are going into your first year of study, most Universities will guarantee you a place within their halls of residence.

Dependent on the sources of your income, you could also be eligible for additional student funding or tax relief. It is advisable to check with HMRC ( Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs) and your student union representative for more information about any required paperwork you will need to complete during your stay in the UK.

Other links you may find useful:

UK Council for International Student Affairs

National Union of Students

Citizens Advice Bureau

International Student

Found this useful? Share it